I am a fan of spring, I really am, but these last few weeks… omg! I just want the weather to decide if its going to be warm or FREEZING cold! Sunny and 65 or 30 and snowing. PLEASE DECIDE MOTHER NATURE!! ugh. This morning there was snow on my car, a few days ago I was sweating in a long sleeve tshirt. Not cool.
In an effort to speed spring up, I decided to make a fabulous stuffed peppers dish that always reminds me of summer. Plus, each serving contains TONS of veggies. LOVE IT!
I’m so glad today is Thursday! I was super tired at the beginning of the week, but today, I felt great! No idea why, isnt it usually the other way around? Either way, tomorrow is Friday! YAY!
I’m obviously, really excited! I feel like my head looks really small in this picture…
This could EASILY be made vegan by omitting the Parmesan.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
4 Peppers, colors of your choice, cut off tops and de-seed
1/3 Cup Onion, Chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and minced
2T fresh parsley, chopped
1T fresh oregano, chopped, or 1tsp. dried
1 bay leaf
2 cups corn
1.5 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup Quinoa, cooked
1.25 cups parmesan cheese
1. Cook Quinoa according to package
2. In a medium pan, saute onions and garlic in 1T of oil
3. Add tomatoes, jalepeno, parsley, oregano, cumin, salt, and bay leaf to pan and cook, 5 minutes. (How amazing does that look?!)
4. Add corn and black beans, simmer for 10 minutes
5. Remove from heat and add Qunioa
6. Place peppers in an oven proof dish so that they stand upright. Stuff peppers with vegetable mixture
7. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of peppers and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
YUM! These are SO good! Simple flavors, yet delicious and undeniably SUMMER! Make them, please!
Completely off topic: Does anyone else think that white wine and popcorn go really well together?