Omg, I feel like I have had zero down time this week. There are about a million unread blogs in my Google reader (which will be read tomorrow at work) and a few DVRd shows that I need to catch up on. Homework has been ruling all of my free time!
OH! We got our professional wedding pictures today! 300+ pictures to document the biggest day of my life thus far. They turned out REALLY well. I’m loving them, our photographer did an amazing job! I’ll definitely post some of my favorites… eventually 🙂 I was looking at the pictures on the kitchen table tonight, and the kitten decided that it would be a good idea to jump on my back. So she did and luckily Jeremy was there to snap a picture! Oh… who am I kidding… shes totally not a kitten anymore 😦
One of my go-to meals is a southwestern pasta dish that I found a while ago. Its a simple and healthier comfort food. I usually make it on weeks when I dont know what else to make, or dont feel like taking the time to plan another meal. It also leaves us with a few days of leftovers which is awesome!
1lb ground turkey
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1T chili powder
1t Garlic powder
1t onion powder
1 box of whole wheat pasta
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups cheddar jack cheese (or really any of your favorite cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large skillet, brown ground turkey until no longer pink. Drain fat.
3. Return pan to heat and stir in spices, black beans, and corn. Cook until heated through
4. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package.
5. Once pasta is cooked, drain and add diced tomatoes, including juice, to pot
6. Add the meat mixture to the pasta and mix together. Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
7. Pour into greased 9×13 dish and spinkle remaining cup of cheese and bread crumbs on top
8. Bake for 30 minutes